- The Four Kedoshim of the Har Nof Synagogue Massacre and the Righteous Policeman (Includes a Prayer for a Refuah Sheleima for the Wounded)
- Hareidim Honour Druze Policeman Zidan Saif. Who are the Druze (Video)
Sunday, 23 November 2014
For more stories, see previous posts:
** Each link contains additional links of articles about the individual Kedoshim
Wednesday, 19 November 2014
Today, Zidan Saif HY"D, the first policeman on the scene of the Har Nof Synagogue Massacre was buried. Hareidim took part in the funeral giving due honour and respect to a man who protected - in this event alone - an untold number of Jews. For more information about the funeral and details concerning the Psak that HaRav Ovadia Yosef gave concerning giving due honour to such a person, see the article on The Jewish Press.
Who are the Druze?
This beautiful video gives us an insight into this group of people living in the Holy Land:
The 4 Kedoshim of The Har Nof Synagogue Massacre and The Righteous Policeman and A Prayer for a Refuah Sheleima for Those Wounded
The 4 Kedoshim HY"D
For more about these Kedoshim
Articles about the Kedoshim
(I will try to update as I see them)
- Rabbi Kalman Levine: Born in Kanss City, transformed in L.A. Murdered in Jerusalem
- Kansas City Mourns a Son Slain in Jerusalem Synagogue Massacre (Rabbi Kalman Levine)
- American Victims of Synagogue Attack Include Rabbi From "Family of Princes" (Rabbi Moshe Twersky)
- How Moshe Twersky's Family Tree Melds Hasidic and Modern Orthodox Worlds
- Daughter of Victim Speaks: "My Father was a Man of Truth" (Michal Levine talking about her father Kalman Levine)
- My Friend - Aryeh Kupinsky HY"D (by Moshe Cohen)
- "My Husband was Niftar BiKedusha VeTahara" - Rebbetzin Twersky talks about her husband Rabbi Moshe Twersky HY"D at the Shiva (Video)
- Massacre Victim's Brother Remembers Slain 'Lion' - Video (Rabbi Aryeh Kupinsky)
- A Request From the Four Widows in Har Nof
- Rabbi Moshe Twersky HY"D My Brother's Chavruta (by Rivki Lang)
Died of gunshot wound to the head.
Click link and here for more info.
First Officer on the scene - to protect the Jewish people.
Nobody knows how many lives he saved...
Please Daven for Those Injured
in the Har Nof Synagogue Massacre
Please Hashem - please have mercy upon and grant a Refuah Shleima to:
Shmuel Yerucham ben Baila
Avraham Shmuel ben Shaina
Eitan ben Sara
amongst all of Klal Yisrael
May we all be able to bless each other, to forgive each other,
to give more to each other,
to stop the baseless hatred and replace it with a baseless love.
May we learn not to hurt each other, not to insult each other,
not to embarrass each other.
May we learn to be honest in business with each
and to value the other's money as much as we value our own.
May we learn to understand the other
from wherever he may come from in life.
May we all learn to see the good of our fellow Jew.
May we learn what true Jewish unity is.
May we be prepared to put in the effort to be united
and may this hasten the Geula - the redemption -
and that we be taken out of this painful Galut (exile) immediately.
Thursday, 6 November 2014
A wonderful video sharing the story behind the Temple of Jerusalem (the Beit HaMikdash.) Enjoy! So much to think about. So much to pray for. May we blessed with the redemption immediately already!
Tuesday, 4 November 2014
Chessed Ve'Emet's "Learning Mishnah For a Soul" Project is all about a partnership between the one who learns, the one for whom the Mishnayout are learnt, and the one who chooses to partner with Chessed Ve'Emet to do the learning for a beloved family member of friend who has passed on.
Watch this slideshow to find out more about this wonderful project that you can take a big part in. You'll get to learn some ideas about what the Mishnah is, what the learning achieves - and how it assists a soul that has passed on.
Enjoy! Mostly, don't forget to join the project by simply clicking this link: "Learning Mishnah for a Soul", and being in touch with us here.